Dementia: What You Need to Know
for Effective Assessment and Treatment
By 2030, older Americans will comprise 20% of the population. Increasingly, you will be called upon to identify dementia and assist with treatment planning for your clients with memory complaints.
- What constitutes “normal aging” and how does it differ from Alzheimer’s and other pathologies?
- How do you distinguish among these disorders, and what is Mild Cognitive Impairment?
- What can you share with your clients about the role of nutrition and exercise? And what about ginkgo and other natural supplements – can we recommend these from an evidence-based treatment perspective?
Join Dr. Nowell for this 90-minute teleseminar designed to help clinicians identify, support, and treat the client with memory complaints.
By the end of the seminar, you will be able to
- describe the clinical presentation of the most common subtypes of dementia;
- distinguish normal aging from memory disorders;
- state risk factors for the development of dementia;
- form treatment plans with greater sensitivity to the needs of clients with dementia.